Saturday, November 17, 2007

#20 Can I You Tube

There was so much brilliant stuff on You Tube - not to mention all the dross - that I spent hours looking for some clips, and have come up with a winner. One thing that struck me was how vital production values are; amateur clips are mostly grim to watch, with people standing in front of doorways in bad lighting, waiting for a signal from their cameraman to start, or even worse, filming themselves. Presentation is vital; if we ever used this - for instance, for demonstrating library resources, you'd have to have professional actors and producers.

It was difficult to pick a favourite; I kept looking at the clip about the kitchen from "Withnail and I" and excerpts from "Black Books" but here's the winner:

"Reading is for Losers" featuring the wonderful Catherine Tate: 6 minutes of hilarity. Where can I buy a sonic screwdriver?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is brilliant. Love the Dr.

Shelver Explorer said...

That was hilarious. I actually have a sonic screwdriver at home; I bought it for a party where I dressed up as The 8th Doctor (Paul McGann).

By the way, the link you have no longer works, but you can find the same videoclip on YouTube under a different link.