Thursday, November 29, 2007

#21 Podcasts

I've had a look at various Podcast directories, and have listened to some very interesting downloads. It seems to me there is a tremendous opportunity here for libraries to network events such as speakers to other locations. Especially with the distance issues - not many people would drive from Mildura to Mornington to hear a famous author speak about their work; but lots of people could listen to it from anywhere in the country. I always miss Phillip Adams on the ABC as I am at work from 4-5pm and usually asleep by the time the show comes on at night, but now I have him at my command via Bloglines. Another staff member (Vamp Girl - have you met her? She casts no shadow) showed me the podcasts available from the Library of Congress; talk about Big Names eg. Ken Burns, Terry Pratchett and David Baldacci just for starters.

No comments: